Creating a slideshow video for your anniversary helps tell the story of your relationship in a way that’s easy to revisit and share. And it’s easy to create one, even if you’ve never made a video before. So whether you’re creating a gift celebrating your 50th anniversary or your first, take a look at our guide for making a wedding anniversary slideshow with music.
How to make an anniversary video in Animoto
1. Log in to Animoto. If you don’t have an account yet, it’s easy to sign up for a 14-day free trial.
2. Customize the look of your video. Select a pre-built storyboard in Animoto Marketing to get started. A storyboard like Save the Date is a good starting point if you want an elegant design, or try the Property Listing or 4 Reasons to Smile templates as springboards for a simpler, more contemporary video. Then select the colors, fonts, and style you want to make the video your own. Take a look at our Animoto Marketing tutorial on customizing text to see a few of the ways you can quickly and easily change the look and feel of your video.
3. Upload images and video clips. There are lots of ways to find content for your video — scan old photos, use photos and video clips from your computer, or grab images and video from social media accounts, like Facebook or Instagram. Then just drag and drop your photos and video clips right into your video. You can even create photo collages to display more than one photo at a time. Check out our tutorial to learn now.
4. Choose music. Our music library has hundreds of songs from many different genres that you can choose from. For inspiration, take a look at some of our suggestions for songs for an anniversary video, or explore the tools in our music library that can help you find the right song for your video. If you don’t find exactly what you want, you can upload your own music by clicking the Upload Song button.
5. Preview and produce your video. Click the gray PREVIEW button in the top right corner of your project to see a low-resolution preview of your video. Then click PRODUCE to finalize your video.
6. Save and share. Once your video is produced, you can download it or share it to Facebook, YouTube, and other social media sites by clicking on the Share icons just below your video on your Play Page or by hovering over your video on the My Videos Page. You can also email your video to whomever you wish or share it on Instagram, if you’re using our mobile app. Click here to learn more about video sharing.
Once you’re finished, you can call the video up on your computer, email or message a link out to share it with the one you love, or burn it onto a DVD or USB drive to showcase it at an anniversary party. But no matter how you decide to share your slideshow, it’ll be clear a lot of love went into creating it.