It’s nearly Valentine’s Day, and you want to show you care. And while you’re planning out some more traditional gifts (flowers, chocolates, standing outside their window while holding up your boombox), you’ve decided to get creative and make a slideshow video, too. Lucky for you, it’s easy to put together a heartfelt, romantic slideshow that’ll win over your sweetheart. To get you started, take a look at our guide for making your own Valentine’s Day slideshow video with music this year.
How to make your Valentine’s Day video in Animoto
- Log in to Animoto. If you don’t have an account yet, it’s easy to sign up for a 14-day free trial.
- Select a video style. When you go to create a video in Animoto, you’ll be asked if you want to make a Slideshow Video or a Marketing Video. Select Slideshow Video, and you’ll be given access to dozens of different styles. Styles like Keepsake, Coming Up Roses, and Sweetheart were designed with Valentine’s Day in mind, but any style that reflects the personality and interests of your valentine works.
- Upload images and video clips. You can pull content from almost anywhere — scan old photos, use photos and video clips from your computer, or grab images and video from social media accounts, like Facebook or Instagram.
- Choose music. Our music library is full of romantic songs from several different genres. Take a look at some of the ways to find the right song for your slideshow video, and then use our music selection tools to find a song that suits your sweetheart. Not finding exactly what you want? You can upload your own music, too, by clicking the Upload Song button.
Using our mobile app? Here’s the rundown on how to add music to your mobile slideshow.
- Preview and produce your video. If you’re using our Slideshow Video Builder, click the blue Preview Video button on the bottom of the menu bar on the left. You can see an example of a finished Valentine’s Day slideshow below.
Slideshow Video Style: Keepsake
Song: “Lionheart Soul” by Jared Lutes
- Save and share. Once your video is produced, you can download it and share it to Facebook, YouTube, and other social media sites by clicking on the Share icons to the right on your play page. You can also email your video to whomever you wish, or share it on Instagram, if you’re using our mobile app. Emailing your video? Be sure to check out our special Valentine’s Day email theme (available through February 21, 2017).
Once you’re finished, you can call the video up on your computer, email or message a link out to your loved one, or show it to your valentine just about anywhere using our mobile app. But no matter how you decide to share your slideshow, it’ll be clear a lot of love went into creating it.
And after you’re done, if you’d like to share your Valentine’s Day slideshow video with us, post a link in the comments below, or reach out on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with the hashtag #MyAnimoto.