After a loved one passes away, it can be cathartic to create a project that celebrates the life of that person and all the good times you shared together. A memorial or legacy slideshow video can offer a simple way to preserve those memories and share them with others. Take a look at our tips for creating a legacy video that celebrates the life of the person you’ve lost, and find out how you can share that video with others who might be missing your loved one, too.
How to make your memorial video in Animoto
- Log in to Animoto. If you don’t have an account yet, it’s easy to sign up for a 14-day free trial.
- Select a video style. When you go to create a video in Animoto, you’ll be asked if you want to make a Slideshow Video or a Marketing Video. Select Slideshow Video, and you’ll be given access to dozens of different styles. Remembrance and Memory Cloud are tailor-made for memorial videos, but any style that reflects the personality and interests of your loved one works.
- Upload images and video clips. You can pull content from almost anywhere — scan old photos, pull photos and video clips from your computer, or grab images and video from social media accounts, like Facebook or Instagram.
- Choose music. There are lots of ways to find a song that’ll be meaningful and match the spirit of your memorial — take a look at some of the ways to find the right song for your slideshow video, and then choose a song from our extensive music library or upload a song of your own.
- Preview and produce your video. If you’re using our Slideshow Video Builder, click the blue Preview Video button on the bottom of the menu bar on the left. To see a sample of a finished video, take a look at this slideshow I created to remember my grandmother.
Slideshow Video Style: Memory Box
Song: “A Mother’s Love” by Jonathan Elias and Sarah Trevino
- Save and share. Once you’re video is produced, you can download it, and share it to Facebook, YouTube, and other social media sites by clicking on the Share icons to the right on your play page. You can also email your video to whomever you wish, or share it on Instagram, if you’re using our mobile app.
Whether you share it with friends and family, or only watch your video on your computer or mobile device, you’ll have a keepsake that keeps your loved one’s memory alive.