Shared memories bring families closer, and photos are one of the surest ways to get all the family stories flowing. So if you’re looking to show photos or video clips at your next family reunion or want to create a recap for a reunion that’s already happened, here’s how you can put together a beautiful slideshow that helps add more togetherness to your next family get together.
How to make your family reunion video in Animoto
- Log in to Animoto. If you don’t have an account yet, it’s easy to sign up for a 14-day free trial.
- Select a video style. When you go to create a video in Animoto, you’ll be asked if you want to make a Slideshow Video or a Marketing Video. Select Slideshow Video, and you’ll be given access to dozens of different styles. Styles like Keepsake, Memory Box, and The Page Turner are good general styles for family photographs and video clips, but retro styles like Super 8 or Carousel can help give your video an old-fashioned projector feel.
- Upload images and video clips. You can pull content from almost anywhere — scan old family photos, use photos and video clips from your computer, or grab images and video from family members’ social media accounts, like Facebook or Instagram.
- Choose music. Whether your family’s a little bit country or a little bit rock and roll, we’ve got a song that’ll fit your slideshow. Take a look at some of the ways to find the right song for your slideshow video, and then use our music selection tools to find a good fit for your family reunion. Not finding exactly what you want? You can upload your own music, too, by clicking the Upload Song button. Using our mobile app? Here’s how you can add music to your mobile slideshow.
- Preview and produce your video. If you’re using our Slideshow Video Builder, click the blue Preview Video button on the bottom of the menu bar on the left. You can see an example of a finished family reunion slideshow from Tiffany Dahle of the blog Peanut Blossom below.
Slideshow Video Style: The Page Turner
Song: “The Open Road” by Ponticello
- Save and share. Once your video is produced, you can download it and share it to Facebook, YouTube, and other social media sites by clicking on the Share icons to the right on your play page. You can also email your video to whomever you wish, or share it on Instagram, if you’re using our mobile apps for iOS or Android devices.
When you’re finished, you can call the video up on your computer, email or message a link out to your family, or burn it onto a DVD or USB drive to show it to your whole clan on a TV.
And after you’re done, if you’d like to share your family reunion slideshow video with us, post a link in the comments below, or reach out on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with the hashtag #MyAnimoto.