A slideshow video can add a personal touch to a birthday greeting, letting you relive memories and share what friends and family mean to you. And if you’ve never made a birthday slideshow before, trust us — it’s simpler than you think. To find out exactly how you can create your own birthday slideshow with music, take a look at the guide below.
How to make a Birthday video in Animoto
- Log in to Animoto. If you don’t have an account yet, it’s easy to sign up for a 14-day free trial.
- Select a video style. When you go to create a video in Animoto, you’ll be asked if you want to make a Slideshow Video or a Marketing Video. Select Slideshow Video, and you’ll be given access to dozens of different styles. Styles like Birthday Gifts and One Year Wiser were designed specifically for birthdays, but other styles like Memory Box or Champagne can still make your slideshow feel festive.
- Upload images and video clips. There are lots of ways to find content for your video — scan old photos, use photos and video clips from your computer, or grab images and video from social media accounts, like Facebook or Instagram.
- Choose music. Our music library has birthday songs to spare, and a broad general collection, too. For inspiration, take a look at some of our suggestions for songs for a birthday slideshow, or explore the tools in our music library that can help you find the right song for your slideshow video. If you don’t find exactly what you want, you can upload your own music by clicking the Upload Song button. And if you’re using our mobile app, it’s just as easy to add music to your mobile slideshow.
- Preview and produce your video. If you’re using our Slideshow Video Builder, click the blue Preview Video button on the bottom of the menu bar on the left to see a low-resolution preview of your video. Then click Produce to finalize it. To see what a finished birthday video can look like, check out the example below.
Style: One Year Wiser
Song: “Birthday Boogaloo” by Ali Handal (Male)
- Save and share. Once your video is produced, you can download it or share it to Facebook, YouTube, and other social media sites by clicking on the Share icons to the right on your play page. You can also email your video to whomever you wish, or share it on Instagram, if you’re using our mobile app.
Once you’re finished, you can call the video up on your computer, email or message a link out to the birthday boy or girl, show it to them just about anywhere using our mobile app, or burn it onto a DVD or USB drive to share it with a whole birthday party. But no matter how you decide to share your slideshow, it’ll be clear a lot of love went into creating it.