There are only so many ways to say “happy birthday,” so we really put our thinking caps on and came up with a few creative phrases to tack on to those two words. Silly or sweet, there’s bound to be one that fits your recipient’s personality or sense of humor.
10 Sweet Birthday Quotes
For the friend who wants to read a warm, heartfelt message on their birthday, give one of these a go:
Song: Your Birthday Song (Ukulele version) by Jonny Blu
- You’re not one year older, you’re one year better.
- Wishing you everything that brings joy in life.
- The day you were born was the best day of my life.
- It may be your birthday, but you are a gift to me.
- You’re not special because it’s your birthday – you’re special because you’re you.
- It’s always a treat to wish happy birthday to someone so sweet.
- Here’s to a fabulous birthday! May it be filled with love, laughter, and joy.
- Wishing you a year filled with adventures!
- You keep getting better every year.
- Hope your birthday cake is as sweet as you!
10 Silly Birthday Quotes
For the friend who doesn’t take themselves too seriously, try out one of these lines:
Song: Welcome Baby Happy Birthday (Instrumental) by Faith Rivera
- Happy birthday. Now let’s eat cake.
- Happy birthday! I brought a fire extinguisher for all the candles on your cake.
- Happy birthday! (Thank you, Facebook reminders.)
- You get better with time, like stinky cheese.
- Happy birthday. Now go thank your mother.
- If you’re happy and you’re old, clap your hands! <clap clap>
- Happy birthday. I wish you lots of presents.
- Happy birthday! You aging keeps me looking young.
- Over the hill and through the woods, to an old person’s house I go…happy birthday!
- FIRE! Wait, those are just your birthday candles.