Harness the power of the Animoto platform.
Integrating directly with the Animoto API is an ideal option to meet any of your video creation requirements. Whether you want to offer a highly specialized video creation experience or auto-render videos in bulk, the Animoto API opens up a world of opportunities to help you create your ideal video solution.
With the Animoto API, you'll get:
- Access to Animoto's directing and rendering engines through various programming languages.
- Access to commercially licensed song lists.
- JSON and XML support through RESTful HTTP.
- Out-of-box Ruby and Java client libraries.
- World class documentation, code samples, and technical support.
Apply for an API key
Welcome to the Animoto API Developer Guide.
The Animoto API is a web service that transforms pictures, music, video clips, and text into professional-caliber videos.
Who should read this guide
The primary audience of this guide is software engineers or others with technical/software-engineering backgrounds. You should read this guide if:
- You are a developer working on integrating Animoto services with another web service.
- You are working with libraries implementing the Animoto API.
- You are creating libraries that implement the Animoto API.
- You are reviewing the Animoto API for potential integration.
Readers of this guide should be familiar with:
- Basic web-services concepts.
- Basic RESTful HTTP concepts.
- JSON (or XML).
- At least one programming language (like Ruby or Java).
View the documentation