Animoto is building a Systems (DevOps) Team.
You’ve heard of Animoto because we were the original “poster child” for Cloud Computing (back in the day). We have a solid business model, lots of customers, and lots of awards. We’ve partnered with Bon Jovi, Adobe, SmugMug, Pepsi and more.
We’re telling you this because we’re looking for a few talented individuals to help keep our services running smoothly. Specifically, the systems group is hiring. The systems group provides the behind-the-scenes services that nobody thinks about: infrastructure and services for the developers and designers who make our site.
This is not a “babysit the server” sysadmin job. This is not a “get the code thrown over the wall” ops job. This is not a “Ruby on Rails” website job. This is hard-core web-scale high-scalability high-automation next-generation DevOps systems administration. If you think you have what it takes, we’d love to hear from you.
- Support Animoto’s dynamically scaled cloud infrastructure.
- Work in a demanding, fast-paced atmosphere.
- Able to support a 24×7 operations and Participate in on-call rotation.
- Plan & implement projects, upgrades, fixes to entire system environment.
- Tune and optimize performance through hardware and software changes.
- 5-7 years of demonstrated proficiency in Linux administration.
- Experience with AWS or other Virtualization technologies.
- Excellent command line skill set.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS and various network protocols.
- Experience managing system configurations with Puppet, Chef or CFEngine.
- Familiar with automated systems provisioning and deployments.
- Understanding of various monitoring tools and escalation patterns.
- Super strong scripting (bash, python, or ruby).
- Knowledge of various data stores – MySQL, NoSQL
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related experience).
- Clear communication and documentation of procedures and projects.
- Team player and project management.
We offer a competitive salary, awesome benefits with PPO Health Insurance Plan 100% paid for employee and dependents, participation in employee stock option plan.
Apply by email: email@example.com