Animoto is looking for someone who loves to write software to break software, but isn’t above doing some manual testing, too. Want to fuzz our rendering engine? Want to do some model-based testing of Animoto.com? Want to rip open all the tiny cracks in our infrastructure to see what bursts into flames? Then we want you.
- Be part of the entire SDLC, finding better ways to test at all stages and improve our process.
- Our SDETs code in the same languages as our devs do: primarily Ruby, but also be able to tackle some ActionScript, Java, Obj-C, or possibly others depending on the project.
- Know which tests work better with human interaction and which are a better fit for full automation. Work with the rest of the team to plan and implement those tests.
- Determine how test results should be reported for your area to give everyone the fastest, most useful feedback about the state of the project.
- Know and explain common classes of bugs to the engineering team. Finding a way to prevent those bugs is a big plus.
- Help our developers make their code more testable.
- Ruby expertise preferred. Be fluent in one programming language and conversant in a couple more, regardless.
- Be able to use and understand a debugger, a profiler, and different types of static analysis tools on a variety of stacks.
- Experience writing test frameworks and tools.
- Knowledge of databases, networking, and Linux.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Computer science degree or equivalent work experience.
Benefits: PPO Health Insurance Plan 100% paid for employee and dependents, participation in employee stock option plan